The Vancouver Girls Basketball Association has created a sustainable basketball program for high school girls who live in Vancouver. The program provides opportunities for girls to develop basketball skills, sportsmanship, and a love for the game.
VGBA’s goals are to:
- Support girls in Vancouver to play basketball year-round, at all ages, from participation to elite levels
- Provide good technical training at a young age
- Remove financial barriers of training for players in need
- Support players on the elite level with bursaries/scholarships
- Recognize exceptional players and athletes that are true leaders in our community
VGBA MISSION STATEMENT:
(a) To promote, provide, and coordinate girls basketball opportunities for Vancouver student-athletes at all levels of development; participation to elite.
(b) To build and sustain partnership with other organizations wishing to support the mission statement and objectives of the Association.
(c) To create a sustainable basketball program for Vancouver girls.
(d) To provide opportunities for girls to develop basketball skills, sportsmanship, and a love of the game.
(e) To provide supervised and accessible basketball programs.
(f) To provide quality coaching and training.
(g) To develop a core group of volunteer coaches and advisors as board members.
(h) To establish and maintain a bursary program for girls needing financial assistance to participate in training or playing in club/provincial/national programs.
(i) To establish and maintain a bursary/scholarship program for girls wishing to play post-secondary basketball.